Substance Use Counseling
Substance use counseling is a combination of treatment and support to help people break free from drug or alcohol addiction and/or abuse. Clients will work one-on-one with therapist to develop goals and strategies for pursuing sobriety.
Some types ways in which therapist assists clients in their sobriety is by:
1) Talk therapy sessions
2) Discussing the causes of addiction
3) Assisting clients in developing positive coping strategies
4) working with clients in developing treatment goals and plans
5) assisting clients in learning and practicing skills and behaviors necessary for recovery
6) connecting clients with community resources such as 12-step programs or groups.